About Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program
- Globally Recognized professional qualification for Finance, Equity Research , Wealth and Investment Management Professionals conducted by CFA Institute ,USA.
- CFA program focuses on Broad finance and specializes in Equity research and Investment Management.
- CFA Charter Holders Community is growing with 100,000 Charter holders across world representing nearly every Banking Institution , Financial Services Institution , consulting Firms and Government Regulators.
CFA Program Roadmap
- Eligibility: Graduate or a candidate appearing in Final year of Graduation can register for the Program.
- Pass Three Exams : Level 1(June or December) , Level 2 (only June) and Level 3 (only June)
- Demonstrate Four year relevant work Experience taken before, after or during the Exams.
- Become CFA Charter Holder.
Why CFA ?
- Understand Complex Financial Products and Investment Management.
- Best Suitable Curriculum for Wealth & Investment Management , Equity Research & corporate Finance .
- Ability to network with world’s leading Finance Professionals and expand the professional opportunities within the world of Finance.
- CFA charter is a Gold standard in Finance world and Charter Holders are more desirable to Executive recruiters and Hiring Managers for Finance Profiles.
CFA is a Good Career Option for:
- Working Professionals in Financial Institutions like Mutual Funds , Stocks & commodity Brokers, Wealth Management, Investment Management, Equity Research Firms and hedge Funds.
- Working Professionals in corporates looking after Finance works like Project Finance etc.
- Candidates Pursuing UG courses in Commerce as well as Engineering Domain looking for a career in Finance & Investment management
- Candidates Pursuing CA & MBA desirous of making career in Finance.
CFA Course and Exam Structure
CFA program is conducted in 3 Stages .
- Level 1 : It focuses on Ethical standards, Quantitative Methods , Economics , Financial Reporting & Analysis and Fixed Income. Exam consists of 240 MCQs (120 + 120) in 2 sessions of 3 + 3 hours.
- Level 2 : It focuses on Financial Reporting & analysis, Corporate finance & Equity Investments . Exam consists of 120 MCQs (60 + 60) Vignette style in 2 sessions 3 + 3 hours.
- Level 3 : It focuses on Portfolio Management, Wealth Planning and Asset classes like Fixed Income, Derivatives and Alternative Investment. Exam consists of one Subjective paper of 3 hours and one paper of 60 MCQs vignette style of 3 Hours.
The recommended preparation time is 250 hours for each level. Course Topics with their Exam Weights are given below.
Benefits of Studying at Eduascent Institute of Finance
- 100 hours of Comprehensive Classroom Program.
- 3 Mock tests Before Exam
- Weekend classes for Working Executives / Weekday Morning batch are also available.
- Online Access to Study Material (Presentations , Explanation , Models , Notes, Question Bank)
- Training Sessions are designed to demonstrate the use of course content into real world situations
- CFA / FRM qualified Faculty.
Course Faculty: Gaurav Gangwal, CFA, FRM
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Does CFA guarantee job?
Is CFA a good career option?
Why Is Chartered Financial Analyst a Good Career Option? … In fact, there are many MBA pass outs and CA’s who join CFA to get into core investment banking jobs. CFA gives a great technical grounding and offers broad-based scopes suitable for investment banking, research analyst, equity research and portfolio management.
Can CFA be done after 12th?
CFA is one of the most sought after courses if you want to make a career in the core finance fields such as investment banking or portfolio management. … You need a Bachelor’s degree for CFA also you dont need to have 4 Years experience to appear for Exams only Gradutaion is enough
What is CFA salary in India?
An entry level CFA holder earns an average annual salary of Rs. 3 lakhs and with the growing years of experience, the salary figure keeps increasing. Having seven to eight years of experience, a CFA holder can earn an average annual salary of Rs. 12 lakhs.
What is CFA syllabus?
The course syllabus is divided into three levels: Level I, Level II, Level III. The course consists of a detailed study of the subjects like economics, Portfolio Management, Corporate finance, the Professional and Ethical standard of business and so on. Group A: … Financial Accounting.
Is CFA difficult to pass?
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam is this Saturday and test-takers are probably freaking out. The CFA, which has three levels, is considered to be the mostdifficult test on Wall Street with fewer than 20 percent of candidates passing all three on the first try.
What is CFA qualification?
Is CFA better than MBA?
The key difference between CFA and MBA is the skills obtained. … Whereas,MBA focusses on overall Management Skills like Marketing, Operations, Finance, Human Resources etc. Another difference is the mode of study. CFA is a self-study program, whereas, MBA in most cases is a Full-time Classroom-based Program.
Is CFA harder than CA?
1.CA is more about accounts and commerce thus it is more harder than CFA whileCFA is full finance oriented!! 2.The syllabus structure of CA is rigours requires a lot of mugging up while CFA has more understandable thought it requires hardworking but not as rigourous as CA.
Is CFA equivalent to Masters?
No, CFA is not a graduation degree. Chartered Financial Analyst is the most respected and recognized investment management designation in the world. … Its not a graduate degree rather it’s a very renowned certification in finance. However, employers considers it equivalent to post graduate degree for jobs.
What is CFA salary?
A CFA® charter holder at entry level can earn an annual salary of 4 lakhs. Yoursalary will increase as you grow. With seven to eight years in this field, your averagesalary can shoot up to 12 lakhs. You can earn over 19 lakhs with more than 10 years of experience under your belt.
Is CFA better than CPA?
CFA is for finance. CPA is the “black-belt” in accounting. … CFA, on the other hand, is the gold standard in finance and investment. For those who are looking for career as equity analysts, fund managers, and professionals in asset management or hedge fund houses, this is the best title you can get.
Is CFA internationally recognized?
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program is a professional credential offeredinternationally by the American-based CFA Institute (formerly the Association for Investment Management and Research, or AIMR) to investment and financial professionals.
Are CFA results public?
Bloomberg reports that 45% of people passed the Level II exam, down from 47% in 2017. Pass percentages for this year will not be officially made public until August 28, when Level III results will also be released. The CFA is regarded as one of the most grueling exams in finance.
How long is CFA registration valid?
The registration fee is valid for a limited time period. Candidates who do not sit for the Level I examination within three years of registration must reregister to continue in the program. Those who do not complete all three examinations within seven years must also reregister.
What is the minimum passing score for CFA Level 1?
It looks a lot like you can get less than 50% in three (or maybe four) topics, but you will probably need to counterbalance this with more than 70% in at least three subjects and with 51% to 70% in the rest.
Is CFA all multiple choice?
The exam consists of 240 multiple–choice questions: 120 questions in the morning session and 120 questions in the afternoon session. … All of the multiple–choice questions are free-standing (i.e., they are not dependent on each other). For each question, three possible choices are provided.
Is CFA better than CA?
CFA is ideal for a career in Investment Banking and Portfolio Management whereas the CA is beneficial for a career in Audit and Taxation. Both are the two renowned courses and their scope is rapidly increasing but one must choose career seeing his interest and ability.
Is CFA Recognised in USA?
Yes ,you can definitely go to USA after completing CFA .CFA which is offered by the cfa institute is a globally recognized qualification, it will definitely help your job prospects in the US ,however in order to become a charterholder one needs to have 4 years of work experinece along with completing 3 levels of examination .It will help you to create a niche for yourself in the field of investment banking, hedge fund ,portfolio management and the like .If you can get into companies which deal with US based firms it will help you to get placed in USA .Hope this helps.
What jobs can you get with a CFA?
- 5% Relationship Manager.
- 16% Research Analyst.
- 7% Chief Executive.
- 7% Consultant.
- 5% Corporate Financial Analyst.
- 5% Financial Advisor.
- 23% Portfolio Manager.
- 6% Risk Manager.
Is CFA better than ACCA?
However, ACCA is a broad-based accounting certification and is a better fit for students or professionals looking to advance their prospects as an accounting orauditing professional. … CFA Charter is much more difficult to attain as compared toACCA Qualification but it can be really worth it.