About Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program
- Globally Recognized professional qualification for Finance, Equity Research , Wealth and Investment Management Professionals conducted by CFA Institute ,USA.
- CFA program focuses on Broad finance and specializes in Equity research and Investment Management.
- CFA Charter Holders Community is growing with 160,000 Charter holders across world representing nearly every Banking Institution , Financial Services Institution , consulting Firms and Government Regulators. CFA Institute has nine offices world-wide and there are 161 local member societies.
CFA Program Roadmap
- Eligibility: Graduate or a candidate appearing in Final year of Graduation can register for the Program.
- Pass Three Exams : Level 1 (Available in February, May, August, November) , Level 2 (Available in May, August, November) and Level 3 ( Feb, August)
- Demonstrate Four year relevant work Experience taken before, after or during the Exams.
- Become CFA Charter Holder.
Why CFA ?
- Understand Complex Financial Products and Investment Management.
- Best Suitable Curriculum for Wealth & Investment Management , Equity Research & corporate Finance .
- Ability to network with world’s leading Finance Professionals and expand the professional opportunities within the world of Finance.
- CFA charter is a Gold standard in Finance world and Charter Holders are more desirable to Executive recruiters and Hiring Managers for Finance Profiles.
CFA is a Good Career Option for:
- Working Professionals in Financial Institutions like Mutual Funds , Stocks & commodity Brokers, Wealth Management, Investment Management, Equity Research Firms and hedge Funds.
- Working Professionals in corporates looking after Finance works like Project Finance etc.
- Candidates Pursuing UG courses in Commerce as well as Engineering Domain looking for a career in Finance & Investment management
- Candidates Pursuing CA & MBA desirous of making career in Finance.
CFA Course and Exam Structure
CFA program is conducted in 3 Stages .
- Level 1 : It focuses on Ethical standards, Quantitative Methods , Economics , Financial Reporting & Analysis and Fixed Income. Exam consists of 180 MCQs (90 + 90) in 2 sessions of 2 hours 15 Minutes Each .
- Level 2 : It focuses on Financial Reporting & analysis, Corporate finance & Equity Investments . Exam consists of 88 MCQs (44 + 44) Vignette style in 2 sessions of 2 hours 12 Mins Each.
- Level 3 : It focuses on Portfolio Management, Wealth Planning and Asset classes like Fixed Income, Derivatives and Alternative Investment. Exam consists of one paper Vignette – Supported Essay Sets of 2 hours 12 Minutes and one paper of 44 MCQs vignette style of 2 hours 12 minutes.
The recommended preparation time of 300-400 hours for each level. Course Topics with their Exam Weights are given below.
Benefits of Studying at EduAscent Institute of Finance
- 100 hours of Comprehensive Classroom Program.
- 3 Mock tests Before Exam
- Weekend classes for Working Executives / Weekday Morning batch are also available.
- Online Access to Study Material (Presentations , Explanation , Models , Notes, Question Bank)
- Training Sessions are designed to demonstrate the use of course content into real world situations
- Experienced and CFA / FRM qualified Faculty.
Course Faculty: Gaurav Gangwal, CFA, FRM
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Does CFA guarantee job?
Is CFA a good career option?
There are many MBA pass outs and CA’s who join CFA to get into core investment banking jobs. CFA gives a great technical grounding for Finance Domain and offers broad-based scopes suitable for investment banking, research analyst, equity research and portfolio management and Corporate and Project Finance
Can CFA be done after 12th?
CFA program can be enrolled if a candidate is in Final year of Graduation or Higher .
However if a candidate is desirous of making a Career in Finance , he or she can Start Studying CFA curriculum at a Coaching Institute Or Self Study after 12th and get good Knowledge about the world of Finance and appear in Exams later when they reach Final year of Graduation This way one can prepare oneself to be industry ready just after graduation .
What is CFA salary in India?
An entry level CFA holder earns an average annual salary of Rs. 4 – 7 lakhs depending on company and Profile of work and with the growing years of experience, the salary figure keeps increasing. Having 4 to 6 years of experience, a CFA holder can earn an average annual salary of Rs. 12 lakhs or more .
What is CFA syllabus?
The course syllabus is divided into three levels: Level I, Level II, Level III. The course consists of a detailed study of the subjects like economics, Portfolio Management, Financial Statement Analysis , Derivatives , Fixed Income Securities , Corporate Issuers, Equity , Alternative Investment , Quantitative Finance and the Professional and Ethical standard of business and so on.
ubjects with Weightages are as follows :
Is CFA difficult to pass?
The CFA is a rigorous program for Candidates looking for a career in Finance industry . It requires a dedicated study schedule to master the Concepts . Each Level Exam Needs 400 Hours of Concentrated Efforts . It is considered as a difficult test on Wall Street .
Last 10 year Average Exam Results are :
- Level 1 Exam : 41 % pass rate
- Level 2 Exam : 45 % pass rate
- Level 3 Exam : 52 % pass rate
What is CFA qualification?
Is CFA better than MBA?
The key difference between CFA and MBA is the Knowledge obtained. Whereas MBA focusses on overall Management Skills like Marketing, Operations, Finance, Human Resources etc while CFA focuses on Core Finance areas like Corporate Finance and Investment Finance .
Another difference is the mode of study. CFA is a Non campus program where a candidate registers for a Exam and do Preparation either through Self Study Or Coaching whereas MBA in most cases is a Full-time Classroom-based Program.
Is CFA harder than CA?
1. CA is About Accounts , Audit and Taxation and has a rigorous Exam Pattern thus it is more harder than CFA while CFA is full Finance and Investment oriented Curriculum .
2.The syllabus structure of CA is rigours requires a lot of learning and practice concentrated into accounting , Auditing and Taxation in India while CFA has more understandable and interesting content updated to meet the Finance industry across world.
Is CFA equivalent to Masters?
No, CFA is not a graduation degree. Chartered Financial Analyst is the most respected and recognized investment management Program in the world. Its not a graduate degree rather it’s a very renowned certification in finance. However, employers considers it equivalent to post graduate degree for jobs.
What is CFA salary?
A CFA® charter holder at entry level can earn an annual salary of 4 lakhs. Your salary will increase as you grow. With four to eight years in this field, your average salary can shoot up to 12 lakhs. You can earn over 19 lakhs with more than 10 years of experience under your belt.
Is CFA better than CPA?
CFA is for finance. CPA is the “black-belt” in accounting. … CFA, on the other hand, is the gold standard in finance and investment. For those who are looking for career as equity analysts, fund managers, and professionals in asset management or hedge fund houses, this is the best title you can get.
Is CFA internationally recognized?
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program is a professional credential offered internationally by the US-based CFA Institute (formerly the Association for Investment Management and Research, or AIMR) to investment and financial professionals. It has Good Industry Recognition in most of western Nations ( US , Canada , European Nations), Gulf Countries , South East Asian Countries Including India & China , Australia , New Zealand and South Africa
How long is CFA registration valid?
The registration fee is valid for a limited time period. Candidates who do not sit for the Level I examination within three years of registration must reregister to continue in the program. Those who do not complete all three examinations within seven years must also reregister.
What is the minimum passing score for CFA Level 1?
Minimum Passing Score Criteria is decided by CFA Exam Committee after the Exams but it can be roughly assumed that one must Score between 65% to 70 % to pass the Exam .
Is CFA all multiple choice?
Level I and Level II exams are multiple choice Question Exams whereas Level 3 First part Exam is Subjective and Second Part Exam is Multiple Choice Question.
Is CFA better than CA?
CFA is ideal for a career in Investment Banking , Portfolio Management and Corporate Finance whereas the CA is beneficial for a career in Accounting , Audit and Taxation. Both are the two renowned courses and their scope is rapidly increasing but one must choose career seeing his interest and ability.
Is CFA Recognised in USA?
Yes ,you can definitely go to USA after completing CFA .CFA which is offered by the CFA Institute is a globally recognized qualification, it will definitely help your job prospects in the US ,however in order to become a charter holder one needs to have 4 years of work experience along with completing 3 levels of examination .It will help you to create a niche for yourself in the field of investment banking, hedge fund ,portfolio management and the like .If you can get into companies which deal with US based firms it will help you to get placed in USA .
What jobs can you get with a CFA?
- Relationship Manager.
- Research Analyst.
- Corporate Financial Analyst.
- Financial Advisor.
- Portfolio Manager.
- Risk Manager.
- Data Science
- Credit Analysis
- Chief Investment Officer
- Accounting and Auditing
- Financial Planning
Is CFA better than ACCA?
However, ACCA is a broad-based accounting certification and is a better fit for students or professionals looking to advance their prospects as an accounting or auditing professional. However CFA Charter is much more difficult to attain as compared to ACCA Qualification but it can be really worth it. CFA focuses on Investment industry and Corporate Finance and is very well accepted Qualification in domain of Finance by industry in India as well as abroad .