Financial Modeling using Excel VBA
In today’s dynamic world of quick data analytics business decisions are increasingly dependent on number crunching. Any business idea or project has to be backed with detailed and accurate information & analysis presented in a easy to understand and scalable format that can withstand the scrutiny of Managers and stakeholders. In financial domain, it becomes imperative that project proposals or business analysis has been done with correct modeling techniques which enables accurate forecasts, ‘what if’ Scenarios and design realistic forecasts.
It has been established that the ability to accurately and efficiently model the business problems, performance and solutions on a comprehensive financial model will determine the organization’s growth rate and success.
Financial modeling with Advance Excel VBA is relevant and highly successful practical course which will change the way you worked with Excel, models and analytics and take you a higher level of data analysis, modeling solutions, forecasting and automate redundant work with the power of VBA.
This course is divided in 4 parts :
Who should do?
Financial modeling is a Skill set needed in Finance industry as well as in day to day business activities like accounting, market research, projecting outcomes, MIS reporting etc. This program is highly recommended to professionals working in finance & risk domains, managers working in a collaborative environment, Chartered Accountants , candidates pursuing career professional courses like ACTUARY / CFA / FRM / CA / ICWA / MBA. It is also useful for entrepreneurs and candidates involved in family businesses for business planning and day to day activities.
Job Profiles requiring Financial modeling Skill.
- Accounting and Taxation Profiles
- Business Process Outsourcing Profiles
- Merchant Banking profiles like Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity research & financial engineering.
- Research Agencies using statistical analysis like Credit Rating agencies etc.
- Data Analytics profiles
- Project Finance and corporate Finance profiles
- Online Free lancing work available on free lancing websites.
- Finance profiles in banks & corporates.
- Business Analyst profiles in IT companies like TCS, Infosys etc.
Course Requirements (Hardware and Software)
- Laptop / Notebook with Microsoft windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 Installed.
- Microsoft Excel 2010 or Microsoft Excel 2013 (recommended) installed.
- Internet and screen sharing software will be provided by the institute.
- Mastering the tool : Excel Basics and Advance Excel
- Getting the Edge : Excel VBA /Macro programming
- Generate Solutions : Financial Modeling
Course Duration and Fees
Course Faculty: Gaurav Gangwal, CFA, FRM, B.Tech (IT), MBA
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
What is financial Modelling course?
What exactly is financial modeling?
Financial modeling is the process of creating a summary of a company’s expenses and earnings in the form of a spreadsheet that can be used to calculate the impact of a future event or decision. A financial model has many uses for company executives.
What are the different types of financial models?
- Three Statement Model
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Model
- Merger Model (M&A)
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) Model
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO) Model
- Sum of the Parts Model
- Consolidation Model
- Budget Model
- Forecasting Model
- Option Pricing Model
What is financial Modelling generally used for?
Accounting. In corporate finance and the accounting profession, financial modeling typically entails financial statement forecasting; usually the preparation of detailed company-specific models used for decision making purposes and financial analysis.
Is financial Modelling a good career?
Yes, Financial Modeling is widely used in investment banking, corporate banking, risk departments, etc. … Financial Modelling has immense scope but please note that it is an important skill required for making a career in Finance. Financial Modelling is not a career in itself.
What are financial modeling skills?
Financial modeling is one of the most highly valued but thinly understood skills infinance. The objective is to combine accounting, finance, and business metrics to create an abstract representation of a company in Excel, forecasted into the future.